Understanding Entry and Exit Procedures for Vietnam in 2020
The Vietnam Visa Waiver Program aims to make it easier for citizens of specific countries to visit the Southeast Asian country. Likewise, the visa online service providers enable international tourists traveling by air to apply for and process various types of visas over the internet. Most international tourists these days avail visa online services to obtain different types of visa – tourist visa, student visa, business visa, diplomatic visa, single entry visa, and multiple entry visa – without any hassle and delay.
But the tourists traveling to Vietnam are required to submit Vietnam Entry and Exit Form (M3) while getting their passports stamped at the airport. The form requires the visitor to furnish a variety of information accurately. While filling in the entry/exit form, the visitors need to mention the required information accurately and clearly. Also, they need to just keep in mind the prohibited goods for import or export while traveling.
Important Information to Remember while Filling in Vietnam Entry and Exit Form (M3)
- The international tourists are allowed to carry luggage, personal possessions, and other good exclusively for the purpose of personal use.
- The must declare the luggage and personal possessions at the Customs while arriving in or leaving Vietnam. However, the visitors are not required to declare items that they have consumed during their stay or received as gifts while leaving the country.
- While visiting Vietnam, international tourists are allowed to bring in a slew of items for personal use. But they need to explicitly mention the items in the entry/exit form that are not for personal use. For instance, a visitor needs to mention specifically the electronic devices, cameras, gold/silver jewelry and gemstones which are not for personal use.
- The visitors are not allowed to bring in gold and currencies exceeding specific value. For instance, a tourist must deposit gold weighing more than 3000 grams. They can also re-export the surplus gold after keeping 3000 grams. Similarly, a traveler is not allowed to carry foreign currencies over US$ 7,000 in various forms – paper, coin, and traveler’s cheque. Also, he is allowed to retain Vietnamese Dong up the extent of 5000000.
- The international tourists are allowed to bring in duty-free items to Vietnam which are not prohibited by the laws. But they must keep in mind the quantity and price of individual items. For instance, they are not allowed to bring in items whose value exceeds $300. Likewise, the visitors cannot bring in more than 1.5 liters of alcohol, 50 cigars, 500 cigarettes and 150 grams of tobacco threads.
- While leaving Vietnam, visitors are not allowed to take specific items that are not allowed to import or export from Vietnam without the required permission. For instance, the laws in Vietnam restricts imports and export of specific items like antiques, rare fauna and flora, weapons, ammunition, explosives, inflammable, toxic chemicals, opium, and other narcotics. Similarly, they are not allowed to carry documents related to national security and items which impact Vietnam’s customs and traditions adversely.
The international tourists can easily visit Vietnam for various purposes by obtaining a visa on arrival. But they must fill in the Vietnam Entry and Exit Form (M3) in advance to accelerate the immigration process. They also have the option to fill in the entry/exit form after arriving at the airport.
We at VIETNAMSVISA, offer travelers the best way to get their visas to Vietnam over the Internet in advance. With us, you will avoid the frustration, long wait, and expense of dealing with local embassies, and feel secure in mind that the process of obtaining a visa is being handled online by our company who experienced 10 years in Visa processing.
You can mail at “firstname.lastname@example.org” or call us on “+84 981 639 686” for any visa-related queries before or after traveling to Vietnam.