Vietnam offers the most amazing natural wonders and exquisite heritage and culture. If you are planning to visit Vietnam, you will not be disappointed at all. The diversity of this country will leave you spellbound and enriched for a lifetime.
To make this stay comfortable and hassle-free, you need to plan everything from scratch. And the basic requirement before traveling to Vietnam is to know the entire Visa related information and to Apply Visa for Vietnam at the correct time.
Firstly, let us discuss the relevance of Visa. Visa is the document that legalizes the entry of foreigners to a particular country. A passport is also required along with the visa. So they are complementary documents.
Ways to Obtain Visa for Vietnam
Exemption from Visa
Vietnam allows exemption from Visa to citizens of 24 countries for a maximum period of 90 days. Having valid passports is enough for the citizens of this county to visit Vietnam. However, the time period offered for each country varies.
The lists of countries exempted from Visa are as follows:
Asian Countries: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, Lao, Philippines, Myanmar, Brunei, South Korea, Japan, Kyrgyzstan
European Countries: Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belarus
South American Countries: Chile
E-visa – Procedure
Vietnam also provides e-visa to the citizens of 80 countries. The e-visas are valid for 30 days. This is the easiest way of obtaining a visa since it takes only 3 days to obtain the same.
Below is all the information for how to obtain e-visa:
- You need your passport size pictures, passport details, and address details.
- Access the link for issuance of e-visa for Vietnam
- Download the form, fill up the required details and submit the same
- Payment for e-visa
- You will receive your approval for e-visa within 3 working days
- Show the printed E-visa at the airport
Tourists with e-visa can directly go to the immigration office. The 30 days stay can be extended only after permission from within Vietnam.
Visa on Arrival
You can get a visa for Vietnam on arrival as well. This process includes both the process of online application as well as obtaining the visa after arrival to the Vietnamese International Airport. This visa gives you permission to extend your visit to more than 30 days.
Below is all the information you need to know about Visas for Vietnam.
Obtaining a visa for Vietnam combines both the process. The process of application for the visa is to be done online. Later on arrival in Vietnam, the official visa is handed over to the visitors.
- The process of online application is time-saving and easy. You need to fill the application by providing the basic details such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Passport Details, Nationality, The Type of Visa – Tourist or Business, Entry, and Exit Dates.
- The next step is to make the payment for the online visa application. Before the final payment, you should check all the details provided by you.
- It’s now your turn to wait for the visa approval mail. This approval mail will be issued by the Vietnamese Government. Once you receive the mail, you are now ready to pack your bags and prepare for the upcoming trip.
- Print out the approval letter before boarding the plane. You need your passport and your passport size pictures. These documents need to be presented to the Immigration Officers at Vietnamese International Airports. The officers will check the documents after which you will get your visa stamp on your passport. The payment for the visa stamp fee has to be done at the airport with the Vietnam currency.